ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

clear-day
72°
Sunny
H 78° L 56°
  • clear-day
    72°
    Current Conditions
    Sunny. H 78° L 56°
  • clear-day
    75°
    Evening
    Sunny. H 78° L 56°
  • clear-day
    57°
    Morning
    Sunny. H 83° L 60°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

National
Man charged with raping 10-year-old girl in Tennessee
Close

Man charged with raping 10-year-old girl in Tennessee

Man charged with raping 10-year-old girl in Tennessee
Photo Credit: Shelby County Sheriff's Office
Francisco Rodriguez, 30, is charged with rape of a child. The alleged attack happened Saturday, police say.

Man charged with raping 10-year-old girl in Tennessee

A man is behind bars after police said he raped a 10-year-old girl in Memphis, Tennessee.

>> Watch the news report here

Francisco Rodriguez, 30, is charged with rape of a child. The alleged attack happened Saturday, police say.

>> Read more news stories 

The arrest affidavit said the victim’s mother said she saw the man leave a room where he had been alone with the victim. When she went in to see her daughter, the girl was crying. The girl then said Rodriguez had raped her, police said. 

Rodriguez is due in court Monday.

Read More

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • Space X may have had a recent successful crewless flight, but a new situation may push back the sending of a real crew into space. A spokesperson from Space X said that during a routine engine static test firing Saturday afternoon, the Crew Dragon Capsule suffered an 'anomaly', causing a large plume of smoke to flood into the air.  The following statement was released:  'Earlier today, SpaceX conducted a series of engine tests on a Crew Dragon test vehicle on our test stand at Landing Zone 1 in Cape Canaveral, Florida. The initial tests completed successfully but the final test resulted in an anomaly on the test stand.  Ensuring that our systems meet rigorous safety standards and detecting anomalies like this prior to flight are the main reasons why we test. Our teams are investigating and working closely with our NASA partners.'  There were no reported injuries and the anomaly was able to be contained.  Due to the recent successful Crew Dragon Capsule launch to the International Space Station in March, leaders said they wanted to send a crew on board as early as July. However, because of the investigation surrounding the anomaly, the schedule is now under review.
  • A 14-year-old boy has died after a shooting near the Mall at Millenia on Saturday, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Deputies said the shooting occurred near J R Street and Star Bright Drive around 6 p.m.  The victim was found with a gunshot wound and taken to the hospital, where he died, deputies said.  Deputies said they are searching for suspects and an investigation is ongoing.  No other information was released by deputies.
  • Explosions hit multiple churches and hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday, killing more than 200 people and injuring hundreds more, news outlets are reporting. >> PHOTOS: Easter Sunday blasts at Sri Lanka churches, hotels kill dozens Here are the latest updates: Update 9:28 a.m. EDT April 21: Police have so far arrested three people in connection to the blasts, The Guardian reported. A motive for the bombings is still unclear, investigators said.  Update 8:46 a.m. EDT April 21: At least 207 people were killed and 450 hurt in Sunday’s attacks, The Associated Press is reporting. Officials said eight blasts targeted three churches, three hotels, a guesthouse and an area near a Dematagoda overpass, the AP reported. Authorities reportedly have arrested seven people in connection with the incidents. Update 8:07 a.m. EDT April 21: Sri Lankan officials say at least 190 people, including at least 27 foreigners and two police officers, were killed in Sunday’s attacks, The Associated Press is reporting. Seven people have been arrested in connection with the eight explosions, which rocked at least three churches and three hotels, as well as a guesthouse, officials said. Update 7:35 a.m. EDT April 21: President Donald Trump tweeted condolences to the Sri Lankan people Sunday morning. “The United States offers heartfelt condolences to the great people of Sri Lanka,” Trump tweeted. “We stand ready to help!” >> Read the tweet here Update 7:19 a.m. EDT April 21: Hours after explosions at Sri Lankan churches and hotels left dozens dead and hundreds more injured, Pope Francis prayed for the victims during his annual Easter message at the Vatican. “I wish to express my heartfelt closeness to the Christian community [of Sri Lanka], wounded as it was gathered in prayer, and to all the victims of such cruel violence,” Francis told the crowd in St. Peter’s Square, according to Vatican News. He later added: “I entrust to the Lord all those who have tragically perished, and I pray for the injured and all those who suffer as a result of this tragic event.” Every year after leading Easter Mass, the pope delivers an “Urbi et Orbi” (“to the city and the world”) message, which addresses global issues and conflicts. >> Watch the address here Update 5:32 a.m. EDT April 21: Two more blasts have been reported in Sri Lanka. A seventh explosion hit a hotel in Dehiwala, and an eighth blast was reported in the capital, Agence France-Presse is reporting. Update 4:20 a.m. EDT April 21: At least 156 people were killed in blasts at three churches and three hotels in Sri Lanka, Agence France-Presse is reporting. The dead include 35 foreigners, officials said. Update 3:34 a.m. EDT April 21: At least 137 people were killed in blasts at three churches and three hotels in Sri Lanka, Agence France-Presse is reporting. The dead include 45 people in Colombo, 67 in Negombo and 25 in Batticaloa, officials said. At least nine of the people killed were foreigners, the news agency reported. More than 500 people were hurt in the explosions, according to The Associated Press. Original report: Explosions hit three churches and three hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday, killing dozens of people and injuring nearly 300 more, news outlets are reporting. According to The Associated Press, blasts occurred Sunday morning at St. Anthony’s Shrine in Colombo, St. Sebastian’s Church in Negombo and a church in Batticaloa. Explosions also rocked the Kingsbury, Cinnamon Grand and Shangri La hotels in Colombo, the BBC reported. >> Read more trending news The Agence France-Presse news agency said 52 people died in the blasts. At least 283 people were taken to the hospital, the AP reported. Suicide bombers may have caused at least two of the church blasts, a security official told the AP.  – The Associated Press contributed to this report
  • Hours after explosions at Sri Lankan churches and hotels left dozens dead and hundreds more injured, Pope Francis prayed for the victims during his annual Easter message at the Vatican. >> Watch the address here >> PHOTOS: Pope Francis celebrates Easter Mass at the Vatican “I wish to express my heartfelt closeness to the Christian community [of Sri Lanka], wounded as it was gathered in prayer, and to all the victims of such cruel violence,” Francis told the crowd in St. Peter’s Square, according to Vatican News. He later added: “I entrust to the Lord all those who have tragically perished, and I pray for the injured and all those who suffer as a result of this tragic event.” Every year after leading Easter Mass, the pope delivers an “Urbi et Orbi” (“to the city and the world”) message, which addresses global issues and conflicts. >> Read more trending news  Earlier in his speech, Francis urged political leaders to “work to end social injustices, abuses and acts of violence” in Venezuela. He also called for leaders to work toward peace in the Middle East, “beginning with the Israelis and Palestinians.” Additionally, the pope put a spotlight on the plight of the Syrian people, as well as conflicts in eastern Ukraine and several African countries. Finally, Francis condemned the “roar of arms” and encouraged people to build “bridges, not walls,” Vatican News reported. Read more here. >> Watch the Mass here
  • In a World where Mickey and Star Wars seek to make their debut at the Hollywood Studios with new stuff at the same time, it looks like only one is going to take center stage in 2019.  Initially, all signs pointed to a fall release for Mickey And Minnie's Runaway Railway, which replaced the Great Movie Ride. However, since the primary focus has been on the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge project, the lovely duo's new ride has been set on the back burner.  Disney has announced that both the ride that is coming to Hollywood Studios and Toontown at Disneyland Park have been delayed and is now planned to open in Spring of 2020.  Although we do not yet have a specific date to when the ride will open on either coast, the company has noted that special details to both rides will make them slightly different from one another. This will surely give fans a reason to check out both parks.

Washington Insider

  • The newly released report on Russian interference in the 2016 elections rejected the claims of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange that he received leaked emails from a young employee at the Democratic National Committee, as Special Counsel Robert Mueller said Assange used the murder of DNC worker Seth Rich in an effort to cover up the fact that Russian Intelligence had hacked the DNC emails, and transferred them to WikiLeaks. 'As reports attributing the DNC and DCCC hacks to the Russian government emerged, WikiLeaks and Assange made several public statements apparently designed to obscure the source of the materials that WikiLeaks was releasing,' the Mueller report stated, referring to Assange's claim that Rich was involved. 'The statements about Rich implied falsely that he had been the source of the stolen DNC emails,' the report added on page 56 of the 448 page document released on Thursday by the Justice Department. The redacted version of the Mueller Report reiterated what had been alleged in a previous indictment of a group of Russian Intelligence agents, that they had hacked into a DNC email server starting in May 2016, and posing as 'Guccifer 2.0,' sent an encrypted attachment, 'wk dnc link1.txt.gpg' to WikiLeaks. For the Rich family, it was confirmation that Assange's claim - which had readily been embraced by familiar Republican voices, Fox News, and conservative talk radio - was indeed false, and had created 'unimaginable pain.' The Mueller report said WikiLeaks did not receive the hacked DNC emails and documents from GRU officers until July 14 - four days after Rich had been murdered. 'The file-transfer evidence described above and other information uncovered during the investigation discredit WikiLeaks's claims about the source of material that it posted,' the Mueller report stated. During the campaign, in an August 25, 2016 interview with Fox News cited by Mueller, Assange asserted that Rich - who was murdered on July 10, 2016 - was a 'potential' source of emails from inside the Democratic National Committee. WikiLeaks stuck to that story, even as U.S. investigators began to focus more and more on the ties between Assange and Russian GRU hackers, as WikiLeaks increased the reward for clues to Rich's murder to $130,000 the day before President Donald Trump was inaugurated in January of 2017. Not only did WikiLeaks push the Seth Rich angle - along with Fox News, Infowars, and various conservative talk radio hosts - but so too did the Russians; this tweet was from the Russian Embassy in London in May of 2017. Two days after that tweet from the Russian government, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich used an appearance on 'Fox and Friends' to further spread the theory that Rich had been murdered after giving WikiLeaks thousands of hacked documents from the DNC, as the matter quickly gained the attention of talk radio and conservative commentators. Soon after that Gingrich interview in May of 2017, Fox News retracted the network's original report tying Rich to the leak of materials to WikiLeaks. In the end, investigators concluded all signs pointed to Moscow and Assange, as the Mueller Report said the mentions of Rich were 'designed to obscure the source of the materials that WikiLeaks was releasing,' that being the Russians. Like the Pizzagate conspiracy theory - which claimed that a supporter of Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a neighborhood pizza parlor in Washington, D.C. - no evidence was ever offered up by Assange and WikiLeaks to support the Rich claim.