H 93° L 71°
  • clear-night
    Current Conditions
    Sunny. H 93° L 71°
  • clear-day
    Sunny. H 93° L 71°
  • cloudy-day
    Partly Cloudy. H 93° L 71°

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00


The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00


The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Bond set at $1M for father of 2-year-old Wisconsin girl found dead in Minnesota

Bond set at $1M for father of 2-year-old Wisconsin girl found dead in Minnesota

Police: Missing 2-Year-Old Wisconsin Girl Found Dead In Minnesota

Bond set at $1M for father of 2-year-old Wisconsin girl found dead in Minnesota

Noelani Robinson, the 2-year-old Wisconsin girl who was the focus of a nationwide search since March 11, was found dead in Minnesota, Milwaukee police confirmed March 16.

>> Read more trending news 

Update 1:15 p.m. EST, March 17: Dariaz Higgins, the man accused of abducting Noelani Robinson, has had his bond set for $1 million Sunday, WITI reported. Higgins was arrested Wednesday, two days after an Amber Alert was issued for Noelani. Higgens allegedly killed Noelani’s mother.

Noelani was found dead with her body wrapped in a blanket on a rural road in Austin, Minnesota. According to WITI, the Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner’s Office determined Noelani died due to blunt force trauma to the head.

Update 11:45 a.m. EST, March 16: Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales said in a Saturday news conference that 2-year-old Noelani Robinson was found dead on the side of a Minnesota highway.

Morales said that around 7 p.m. Friday, a Minnesota man was driving home when he saw something “out of the norm” on the side of the road and called police, WITI reported.

“Off of Highway 218, 15 miles north of Austin, Minnesota ... and just off the shoulder was a blanket. Inside that blanket and wrapped in there was the body of a child we believe is that of Noelani,” Morales said.

The child’s body appeared to have been there for “quite some time” Morales said, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported. He said police will know more once an autopsy is performed.

Update 2:30 a.m. EST, March 16: WISN, citing confirmation from two family members and a family spokesman, reported early Saturday that Noelani Robinson had died.

Police have not confirmed the statements made by the family members.

The child’s father, Darlaz Higgins, who is accused of killing her mother and abducting her, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at a Milwaukee motel.

"The suspect is a cold-blooded killer," Milwaukee police Chief Alfonso Morales told WISN.

According to WAOW, Milwaukee police arrested Higgins, 34, Wednesday afternoon. Noelani was not found with her father, and an Amber Alert was issued earlier this week. 

On Monday, Higgins allegedly shot Sierra Robinson, 24, and another woman outside a Milwaukee apartment building. Robinson died at the scene, while the other woman was treated at a nearby hospital, WTMJ reported.


Original report:

Police have arrested the Wisconsin man they believe shot and killed the mother of his 2-year-old daughter, but the child was not with him when he was apprehended.


According to WAOW, The Milwaukee Police Department police took Dariaz Higgins, 34, into custody Wednesday afternoon. Noelani Robinson, 2, was not found with the suspect and the Amber Alert issued earlier this week remained in effect. 

Police are investigating tips that the child may be in Minnesota or Michigan according to WTMJ-TV.

On Monday, Higgins allegedly shot Sierra Robinson, 24, and another woman outside a Milwaukee apartment building. Robinson died at the scene, while the other woman was treated at a nearby hospital, WTMJ-TV reported.

Investigators said Higgins fled with his and Robinson's daughter, 2-year-old Noelani Robinson, WTMJ reported.

Higgins was wanted on charges of first-degree intentional homicide and first-degree recklessly endangering safety, WISN reported.

If you have information about the case, call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 or Milwaukee police at 414-935-7022.

Read More

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • The Alachua County Sheriff is reassuring resident near Lake Forest Creek that their latest call is not straight from a horror flick. They sent this tweet after the body of a five and a half foot shark was found in the creek. When deputies responded they also encountered an alligator lurking nearby. The headline on the tweet “This is the most Florida call of the week.” The tweet went on to explain that deputies believe the shark was caught elsewhere and dumped. 
  • Imagine flying from New York to London in just 90 minutes! A U.S. venture-capital firm is asking investors to bet on the development of a hypersonic aircraft that can fly over 3,000 miles per hour.  The new startup is Hermeus Corp., who’s mission is to increase the speed air transportation by developing vehicles that can fly ''in excess of Mach 5.  The Atlanta Based Corporation announced its advisory board  includes the former president of Blue Origin and former associate administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration.  The idea is to connect the world's cities ''significantly faster than ever before,'' which Hermeus CEO A.J. Piplica likened to the broadband era of data transmissions. The round of seed investment led by Khosla Ventures will continue the development of Hermeus' hypersonic propulsion system, a media statement said.  ''Hermeus is developing an aircraft that not only improves the aviation experience with very reduced flight times, but also has the potential to have great societal and economic impact,' Vinod Khosla, founder of Khosla Ventures, said in the statement.  Hermeus is not alone in their quest for speed Boeing is also working on a passenger plane that can hit Mach 5. 
  • A SeaWorld Orlando spokesperson confirmed that lung disease was the cause of death for Kayla, the killer whale that died at the theme park in January. The results come from a post-mortem investigaton after the 30-year-old orca died unexpectedly. Kayla was born in captivity at SeaWorld San Antonio and was transported to Orlando n 2006. She seemed healthy before she began showing signs of discomfort. Despite treatment, her condition worsened and she died two days later. SeaWorld Orlando announced Kayla’s death on January 28, 2019. There are still five orcas in care at SeaWorld Orlando. 
  • The Fraternal Order of Police still have the link to the fundraiser for Orlando Police Officer Anthony Wongshue on their Facebook page, but when you click on the link it says Campaign Not Found. Wongshue turned himself in. last week,  after he was indicted on a manslaughter charge last week for the May 7, 2018 killing of Juan Alberto Silva, 32. Silva was an accomplice in a shoplifting bust at a Marshall’s in Colonial Plaza in Orlando, police said. Investigators said the officers were responding to a nearby crash when they were called for a reported shoplifting at the store. The officers asked Silva to stop his van, but he drove away, and they shot him, police said. Only Wongshue was charged in the shooting. As for the GOFUNDME.com campaign, Nearly $3000 had been raised to assist Officer Wongshue  in less than an hour. In a second Facebook post, the F.O.P. said all of the GOFUNDME donations will be refunded by the site but, they would begin another campaign on a different platform soon.  Immediately after the arrest the Fraternal Order of Police issued the following statement.  'As members of the Orlando Police Department return from Washington D.C. where they honored Fallen Heroes from around the nation, the Fraternal Order of Police was saddened to hear of the recent charges placed against Master Police Officer Anthony Wongshue. It is particularly disturbing because this matter had been looked into for the better part of a year without charges being filed. During that time, Master Police Officer Wongshue made himself fully available to the investigation. A Police Officer's job, at its essence, is to protect citizens from each other. In doing so, they put their lives on the line every day and risk their safety in every situation they come upon. We would ask that, as this long journey begins for Master Police Officer Wongshue to prepare and present his side of the story, that he be given the same courtesies, rights and protections that he has given to all others to whom he has sworn to protect for 16 plus years.  As with all those he has had to arrest, he is presumed innocent and the state must prove his guilt beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt. As an organization, we staunchly stand with Master Police Officer Wongshue today and in the future as he faces this challenge.  Please keep Master Police Officer Wongshue and all law enforcement officers in your thoughts and prayers.
  • A Virginia man has been charged with felony animal cruelty after police said he set fire to a pit bull at a Richmond park. The dog later died. >> Dog tied to pole, intentionally set on fire, police say According the Richmond Police Department, Jyahshua A. Hill, 20, was arrested Monday in connection with the Feb. 10 incident at Abner City Park, where the dog 'was tied to a chain-link fence, doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire.' >> Read the Police Department's Facebook post here Witnesses told police that a man 'wearing multiple layers of pants' fled the scene afterward, Richmond Animal Care and Control said at the time. The male pit bull was taken to Cary Street Veterinary Hospital for treatment of the burns, which covered more than 40 percent of his body, police said. The dog, whom officials named Tommie, died Feb. 15. >> Pit bull tied to pole, set on fire, dies Animal control officials offered a $25,000 reward in the case, according to WHSV. State lawmakers also passed 'Tommie's Law,' which takes effect in July. It will enact 'harsher penalties for anyone convicted of animal cruelty' in Virginia, the station reported. >> Read more trending news  If convicted, Hill could face a $2,500 fine and a five-year prison term, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported. Read more here.

Washington Insider

  • The struggle between Democrats in the House and President Donald Trump over the Russia investigation intensified on Monday with the White House telling former Counsel Don McGahn not to honor a subpoena for  his testimony on Tuesday before the House Judiciary Committee, as Democrats said it was all part of a broad effort the President and the Trump Administration to stonewall Congress about the Mueller Report and other investigations. In a letter to Democrats, McGahn's lawyer William Burck said, 'the President has unambiguously directed my client not to comply with the Committee’s subpoena for testimony.' 'Under these circumstances, and also conscious of the duties he, as an attorney, owes to his former client, Mr. McGahn must decline to appear at the hearing,' the letter added. Democrats said they would still convene the hearing at 10 am EDT on Tuesday, as they held out the possibility of finding McGahn in contempt, just as the same committee voted to find Attorney General William Barr in contempt for refusing to honor a subpoena for an unredacted version of the Mueller Report. Democrats wanted testimony from McGahn because of the information he gave to investigators for the Mueller investigation, in which McGahn detailed repeated demands by President Trump to oust the Special Counsel. While President Trump has sternly denied that he ever ordered McGahn to get rid of Mueller, the evidence offered by the Special Counsel painted a different picture. McGahn testified that the President called him on June 17, 2017 - about a month after Mueller had been named as Special Counsel - and pressed for Mueller to be ousted, an order that McGahn repeatedly ignored. On page 300 of the Mueller Report, 'McGahn recalled the President telling him 'Mueller has to go' and 'Call me back when you do it.''  The Mueller Report described McGahn - who reportedly answered questions for 30 hours over multiple interviews - as a 'credible witness with no motive to lie or exaggerate.' McGahn also claimed in his testimony that once news of the President's request was reported in the press, Mr. Trump then pressed McGahn to dispute the veracity of the story that the President had pressed for Mueller's ouster. McGahn refused to do what the President had asked. The White House based its refusal for McGahn to testify on a new 15 page legal opinion from the Justice Department, which said McGahn - as a former top adviser - was under no requirement to testify before Congress. 'The President's immediate advisers are an extension of the President and are likewise entitled to absolute immunity from compelled congressional testimony,' the Office of Legal Counsel opinion stated. In summary, the Justice Department said simply, 'we conclude that Mr. McGahn is not legally required to appear before the Committee.' Democrats denounced the decision, and charged it was just adding more evidence to what they say is a cover up, focused on obscuring obstruction of justice by President Trump. 'This move is just the latest act of obstruction from the White House that includes its blanket refusal to cooperate with this Committee,' said Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY), the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. 'The President is intimidating witnesses and stonewalling the American people and the rule of law. Congress and the American people deserve answers from Mr. McGahn,' said Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon (D-PA). '(T)he White House Counsel serves interests of the American people, not the President, and their conversations do not have the protection of blanket attorney-client privilege,' said Rep. Don Beyer (D-VA). 'It’s pretty clear what the Trump Administration is doing here,' said Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE), 'they’re trying to hide the facts from the American people.' Democrats have promised to move forward to hold McGahn in Contempt of Congress - but there has also been discussion of other penalties, from what is known as 'inherent contempt' - which could involve levying fines against those who refuse to cooperate with investigations by Congress. 'The cover-up continues,' said Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA). 'And we will fight it.