Longwood, Fla - Margo Feaser has been an investigator for the Seminole County Sheriff's Office for 12 years.
She and her husband and two young children, age 2 and 4 are recovering from injuries after being pulled from their Longwood home, that was egulfed in flames, late Monday night.
Tuesday afternoon the Feaser's were all listed in stable condition with their status ranging from serious to critical.
The family dog, a German Shepherd named Maxx, is being treated for smoke inhalation.
Deputies and firefighters were summoned to the Feaser home at approximately 11:20 p.m. after neighbors saw flames coming from the back of the house and called 911.
A neighbor broke the front windows of the home with porch furniture and helped Investigator Feaser climb from the residence.
Firefighters from the Seminole County Fire Department were on scene within minutes, breaching the front door and immediately locating Investigator Feaser’s husband.
Maxx, the family dog, is credited with assisting firefighters through the heavy smoke to the location of each of the two children.
The Sheriff released this statement:
“We are grateful to the neighbors who jumped into action, and we especially thank the firefighters who selflessly entered the burning structure and risked their lives for the Feaser family,” said Sheriff Don Eslinger. “There is a long road of recovery and rebuilding ahead, but our Sheriff’s Office family will be with Margo and her family every step of the way. We know our community is behind them too, and we appreciate the tremendous outpouring of support the family has received.”
The Sheriff's Office has also set up an account for anyone wishing to assist the family as they recover.
Contributions may be made via check to the “Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Employee Benevolent Fund” and sent to 100 Bush Boulevard, Sanford, FL 32773, attention: “Feaser Family Fund.”
Community questions about funding assistance may be directed to 407-665-6880.
The State Fire Marshal’s preliminary investigation has determined that the fire was accidental, and that it originated from the back porch of the home.