Orlando, Fla. - President Trump is going to kick off his 20-20 re-election bid right here in the City of Orlando on Tuesday, and that means traffic is going to get hit hard. Even though doors for the rally at the Amway Center open at 4 pm, ahead of the event at 8 pm, the city of Orlando says roads around the area will be closed way before then.
On Sunday, June 16th, Church Street from Hughey Avenue to Division Avenue will close at 4 pm and remain closed through Tuesday, June 18th.
These are the roads that will be closed at 9 am on Tuesday:
- Church Street from Hughey to Garland Avenue.
- South Street from Hughey Avenue to Division Avenue
- Pine Street, from Garland Avenue to Hughey Avenue
- Hughey Avenue, from Central Boulevard to South Street
- Division Avenue, from Anderson Street to Central Boulevard
More roads, including the I-4 westbound South Street on-ramp will be be shut down at 2 pm. Be sure to tune in to News 96.5 WDBO throughout the day Tuesday for live team coverage that will keep you up to date on all the traffic conditions.
If you are heading through these areas that day, here are some recommended detours:
- North in downtown: Make a right from Division Avenue onto east Anderson Street, and then head left to go north on Rosalind Avenue.
- South in downtown: Make a right from Division Avenue onto Central Boulevard and then make a left to go south on Orange Blossom Trail.
- East and west in downtown: You can take Anderson, Washington, and Robinson Street.
LYNX and LYMMO buses will run as normal, while Sunrail will have more night services with the last one leaving the Church Street station at 10:45 pm.