ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
89°
Thunderstorms
H 91° L 75°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    89°
    Current Conditions
    Thunderstorms. H 91° L 75°
  • partly-cloudy-tstorms-day Created with Sketch.
    85°
    Evening
    Thunderstorms. H 91° L 75°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    76°
    Morning
    Partly Cloudy. H 87° L 74°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

National
Britax recalls more than 700,000 strollers
Close

Britax recalls more than 700,000 strollers

Britax recalls more than 700,000 strollers
Photo Credit: Britax

Britax recalls more than 700,000 strollers

More than 700,000 strollers with Click & GO receiver mounts have been recalled by Britax Child Safety Inc. due to a fall hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced in a release Thursday.

>> Read more trending news

The recalled models include 676,000 strollers sold in the United States and 41,100 sold in Canada and Mexico, CNN reported.

The affected models include Britax B-Agile and BOB Motion strollers when they are used with a travel system with a car seat carrier. The recalled strollers are, "folding, single or double occupant strollers and have Click & Go receiver mounts that attach the car seat carrier to the stroller frame," the recall announcement said.

The company has received 33 reports of car seats detaching from the stroller without warning and falling, CNN reported. There have been 26 injuries reported including scratches, bruises, cuts and bumps to the head. There have been 1,337 reports of damage to the Click & Go receiver mount used to connect the car seats to the strollers, CNN reported.

In a release to consumers that can be downloaded from the company website, Britax wrote that the damaged receiver mounts “can cause the attached car seat to disengage unexpectedly, posing a fall hazard to infants in the car seat. If the car seat falls to the ground, infants can sustain injuries, such as scratches, bruises, and/or bumps to the head.”

Britax advises consumers to stop using the B-Agile and BOB Motion stroller as a travel system, but adds that it is safe to use the stroller in recline-mode for infants.

The recalled strollers have been sold since May 2011 at stores nationwide, including Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby and Target, as well as online at Amazon.com, albeebaby.com and diapers.com, CNN reported.

The company recommends throwing away the Click & Go receiver and replacing it with a free repair kit. For more information, call the Britax consumer services department at 1-844-227-0300 or Stroller.Recall@britax.com.

Safety Notice: Britax is conducting a voluntary recall on all B-Agile and BOB Motion stroller models. A fall hazard is...

Posted by Britax on Thursday, February 16, 2017

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • A man who allegedly stole a woman’s purse at a South Florida gas station dragged the victim with his car when she tried to get her purse back.  >> Read more trending news The woman was pumping gas at a Broward County station on June 2 when Robert Flagg, 19, broke her car window, grabbed her purse and tried to make a getaway in his car, according to NBC 6 Miami. When he was about to drive off, the victim grabbed her purse from inside the alleged thief’s car through an open window and was then dragged through the parking lot, authorities said. >> Related: Car stolen with baby inside, mother dragged by thieves Flagg was later arrested.  Read more  here.
  • A 14-year-old girl fell 25 feet from a gondola ride at Six Flags Amusement Park in Queensbury, New York, Saturday night as a group of park guests gathered under her to help break her fall. >> Read more trending news The “Sky Ride” was stopped at the park about 55 miles north of Albany when the accident happened, according to CBS News. The teenager was on the ride with a child relative when she fell from the two-person car, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.  The ride was stopped after the operator was told of a rider in distress, CBS reported. The video shows the girl somehow slipped through the safety bar, which briefly held her aloft while she dangled in the air. The teen from Delaware struck a tree before landing in the crowd, which had gathered to catch her. She was treated at the park, then taken to an area hospital. >> Related: Girl, 11, dies after falling out of ride at water park Park officials said the ride was working properly. “There does not appear to be any malfunction of the ride, but we have closed the attraction until the a thorough review can be completed,” USA Today reported park officials said in a statement. Another person was injured as he was trying to help catch the girl.
  • A Chicopee, Massachusetts, mother is accused of abandoning her 4-year-old son after he was found wandering without clothes Saturday afternoon. According to police, the boy was found alone in a Family Dollar store without clothes on. >> Read more trending news Police told WGGB-TV that the boy “may be autistic.”  The names of the boy and the mother were not immediately released. Read more here.
  • An overweight passenger on a Spirit Airlines flights from Las Vegas to Denver said he was embarrassed and humiliated by the airline when it took away one of two seats he had booked in order to fly more comfortably. >> Read more trending news Jose Cordova told Denver 7 that he bought two seats on both his original flight to Vegas and for the return trip because of his size. 'I am a big person and I know one seat wouldn't fit for me, and to be comfortable, I wanted to have two seats,' Cordova said.  'You don't want to overhang on someone else's lap, so you want to make sure you have that extra seat without bothering anybody.'  Cordova said his flight to Vegas was fine, but Spirit overbooked his return flight and took one of his seats without asking. >> Related: United Airlines changes policy after man dragged from flight “They stole one of his seats. They sold it out from under him,” Denver 7 quoted one of Cordova’s friend Scott Tenorio as saying. Spirit apologized to Cordova and said it was refunding the cost of his flights. It also said it was investigating what happened.
  • Andy Szasz was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012 and beat the initial cancer after receiving treatment, but after falling ill with pneumonia in December, he was rushed to the hospital and placed into an induced coma the next day when he stopped breathing. >> Read more trending news Doctors at Southampton General Hospital in England estimated he would be in a coma for a week, but they were surprised when he woke up after just four days with the help of his dog, Teddy, a 4-year-old schnauzer-poodle mix. While waiting for him to come out of a coma, Andy’s wife, Estelle, received special permission to bring Teddy into the hospital. Pet visits usually take place outside the hospital, but hospital staff made an exception for Teddy. Inside Edition reported that Andy woke up from his coma as soon as Teddy entered the hospital room and started barking. “Ted is such a remarkable little dog in many ways,” Andy said. “He’s clever, loving, loyal, funny and a right little character.” >> Related: Mastiff named Martha crowned world’s ugliest dog Fiona Hall, senior sister for the general intensive care unit, told the Daily Mail that having pets around during recovery can be incredibly beneficial for patients, their friends and families, and hospital staff. “It can be motivational, aiding recovery, and can provide a pleasant and familiar experience in what can otherwise prove to be a long, uncomfortable journey in hospital,” she said. For helping his owner wake up, Teddy was recognized by the U.K.’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), the same organization Andy adopted him from, under a special animal category. He was the only animal to win an award under the newly-created category.  >> Related: Dog saves family with nine children from house fire