ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
67°
Overcast
H 84° L 59°
  • cloudy-day Created with Sketch.
    67°
    Current Conditions
    Sunny. H 84° L 59°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    79°
    Afternoon
    Sunny. H 84° L 59°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    81°
    Evening
    Sunny. H 86° L 62°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Latest from Josh Miranda

    Orlando International Airport is dealing with more shuttle problems after stoppages last week on Wednesday and Sunday. The airport said shuttle service is temporarily interrupted, affecting gates 1-59.  Overhead footage shows the airport has opened a walkway for passengers to get to their flights. On Wednesday, a shuttle was out for about three hours. Sunday’s shuttle outage was quicker – lasting less than an hour.
  • The Vice President couldn’t help but take a look as Elliot Sudal struggled to reel in a massive sawfish on Sanibel Island, Florida. In a Facebook post, Sudal said he battled the fish for 11 hours and used 600 yards of line. In the middle of his fight, Mike Pence showed up among the crowds of people cheering him on.  “Some secret agents show up, search my bags and temporarily take my fillet knives… then Vice President Mike Pence shows up with his family and hangs out.” Sudal posted.  He said two secret service boats even used sonar in an attempt to identify the fish.  Sudal called it “hands down the most physically exhausting thing I’ve ever done.” (App users can click here to watch the video. And click here to see more pictures.)
  • It seems that Disney World’s upcoming Star Wars-themed land will not be focused on recreating scenes from the movies, but designing an entirely new experience. In a new video, Disney Parks showed off the design process and previewed some sketches of the upcoming attraction.  “There will be things in there that will feel really familiar,” Star Wars Creative Director Doug Chiang explained, “But we’re also designing and creating new experiences that will really enhance what the Star Wars universe is.”  The new Star Wars-themed lands are scheduled to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019. (App users can click here to watch the video.)
  • At a press conference, SeaWorld Orlando announced a brand new river rapids ride scheduled to open in 2018.  Infinity Falls will feature a twisting and turning river rapids ride that culminates in a 40-foot drop. SeaWorld claims it’s the tallest drop on a river rapids ride.  The ride is inspired by the rainforests of South America. A press release describes a lush jungle environment with a unique vertical lift.  “Water makes up more than 70% of our planet,” said Brian Morrow, Vice President of Theme Park Design Experience. “We developed Infinity Falls to tell new stories that showcase the beauty and sheer power of water and the amazing wildlife that lives in it.”  Infinity Falls will open at Seaworld Orlando in summer 2018. (News 96.5 WDBO App users can click here to watch the video.)
  • More than a dozen people held their Passover seder dinner at a pair of picnic tables – in line to attend a town hall hosted by North Florida Representative Ted Yoho.  Close to 500 people showed up at Yoho’s event, according to The Independent Florida Alligator. But a group of constituents expressed resentment toward the Congressman for holding his town hall on a Jewish holiday.  Some 15 people huddled around two picnic tables to hold a traditional seder dinner. The paper reports about 50 people watched on.  Many complained that the meeting should have been scheduled to avoid conflict with the Jewish holiday.  “To me, it means that either he didn't want Jewish people at this town hall,” Attendee Pam Smith said, “but more likely, he didn't know that it was Passover.”  The majority of people at the town hall reportedly disagreed with Representative Yoho on most issues. The discussion topics ranged from health care and climate change, to President Trump’s tax returns and the missile barrage in Syria.
  • A brush fire closed portions of State Road 50 and State Road 528 early Monday in Orange and Brevard counties, the Florida Highway Patrol said.  The roads were back open by 10:00 a.m.  Troopers blocked the eastbound lanes of East Colonial Drive at Saint Nicholas Avenue in Orange County’s Christmas neighborhood due to smoke from the blaze. Westbound lanes are shut down at Plantation Drive.   The brush fire also caused troopers to close eastbound lanes of the Beachline at State Road 520 in Orange County. Westbound lanes are blocked off at Interstate 95 in Brevard County. Officials said the fire is burning in an area between East Colonial Drive and the Beachline. A second fire is burning near State Road 417 and State Road 535. Troopers warn that State Road 417 might also have to be suddenly closed. Troopers ask motorists to reduce their speed while traveling through areas with limited visibility due to smoke. WFTV contributed to this report.
  • Authorities in Deerfield Beach are trying to find a man caught on surveillance video stealing three TVs using his bicycle. According to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, cameras recorded the man casing the house at night, before he came back with his bike the next day and broke in.  Deputies said the thief used the homeowner’s wagon and beanbag chair to help him pedal away with several items and television sets.  The Sheriff’s Office released video on Facebook. Anyone with information is asked to contact Broward Sheriff’s Office Det. Dimos Charoudis at 954-480-4300. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000. (News 96.5 WDBO App users can click here to watch the video.)
  • A truck hanging off State Road 429 at US-192 in Kissimmee shutdown all northbound lanes Tuesday morning. Several drivers reported the incident and sent photos to News 96.5 WDBO. News 96.5 WDBO’s Air One is flying over the scene. Listen for live traffic updates every six minutes.
  • The haunted house maze based on the popular “American Horror Story” TV series is returning to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights 27. Three seasons of the hit FX show will be brought to life in the event’s largest floor plan (they call it their uber-maze).  The Universal Orlando Resort blog details the scares you’ll see: In Asylum, travel through the decades of the notorious Briarcliff – evade Dr. Arden’s grotesque human “Rasper”experiments and come face to “face” with the serial killer, Bloody Face. New Orleans aesthetics will surround, as you’re drawn into the wrath of descendants of the Salem witches and their unquenchable thirst for power in Coven. And finally, relive the horrific story of the Millers in Roanoke – where you’ll be at the mercy of Piggy, the grisly Polk family and the ghosts of the blood moon. Check out the full details here. (App users can click here to see video).
  • Shots were fired by Capitol Police after a suspect attempted to ram a car into a police cruiser, according to Police. The incident is being treated as a criminal investigation with no links to terrorism. The suspect tried running down several officers who were on foot. A suspect is reportedly in custody. The Rayburn House Office Building was briefly locked down. Any other details are unclear. Stay with News 96.5 WDBO for updates to this developing story.
  • Josh Miranda

    Josh Miranda

    Read More

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • North Korea conducted large-scale artillery exercises on Tuesday to coincide with the 85th anniversary of its army’s foundation, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported. >> Read more trending news  Citing an unidentified South Korean government source, Yonhap reported that there were signs North Korea's military was carrying out large-scale, live-fire drills in areas around the east coast city of Wonsan. South Korea's defense ministry could not immediately confirm the report, according to Reuters. North Korea warned that the United States will have to choose between political and military surrender, according to the Yonhap report. 'If the U.S. and warmongers run amok with a reckless preemptive strike, we will stage the most brutal punishment of a preemptive attack in the sky and land as well as at sea and from underwater without any warning or prior notice,' according to Rodong Sinmun, spokesman of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea.
  • Arkansas completed the first double execution in the country in 17 years Monday night, as the state executed death row inmate Marcel Williams, KARK reported. >> Read more trending news Williams was executed at 10:33 p.m. by lethal injection on the same gurney where fellow inmate Jack Jones died at 7:20 p.m. It was Arkansas’ first double execution since Sept. 8, 1999, according to the Department of Corrections, and the first in the United States since two men were put to death by the state of Texas in 2000. Williams was the third Arkansas inmate put to death in the past week. Ledell Lee was executed by lethal injection on April 20. Williams had labored breathing, and then grimaced slightly before losing consciousness, according to an Associated Press reporter who witnessed the execution.  Jones’ execution was close to its scheduled time, beginning at 7 p.m. Williams was supposed to follow at 8:15, but the execution was postponed after District Judge Kristine Baker issued a temporary stay as questions arose about whether Jones’ execution was humane or not, KARK reported. The stay was lifted about an hour later and Williams, who had been on death row for more than 20 years, was put to death. Jones also had been on death row for more than two decades, KARK reported. Gov. Asa Hutchinson originally scheduled four double executions over an 11-day period, which would have been the most by a state in such a short span since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976. Arkansas said the executions needed to be carried out before its supply of one lethal injection drug expires on April 30, the Los Angeles Times reported. Williams was sentenced to death for the 1994 murder of Stacey Errickson. On Nov. 20, 1994, Errickson, then 23, was forced into a car at gunpoint by Williams. He drove her to several ATMs to make 18 different transactions, then raped her, strangled her in an abandoned storage shed, and buried her body in a shallow grave, KARK reported. Two days later, Williams kidnapped and raped two other women within 12 hours. In 1996, Jones was convicted and sentenced to death for the June 6, 1995, rape and murder of Mary Phillips. Phillips was strangled to death with a coffee pot cord while her 11-year-old daughter Lacey was tied to a chair. Lacey Phillips regained consciousness as police photographers took pictures of the crime scene, CNN reported.
  • Hours after a U.S. Senator accused the Trump Administration of using taxpayer dollars to promote President Donald Trump’s private club in Florida, the State Department pulled down a story written by government employees about the resort, what some ethics experts said was nothing more than an advertisement for Mr. Trump’s personal business interests. “Use of public office for private gain pure and simple,” said Richard Painter, a former White House ethics attorney for President George W. Bush. “Realtor.com — not the State Department– should help President Trump sell club memberships for $200,000,” Painter added on Twitter. At issue was a post done by an internal unit at the State Department about the Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, lavishing praise on its history, much like a vacation brochure. Trump's not treating @StateDept websites like brochures anymore, but that doesn't come close to fixing his flagrant conflicts of interest. — Richard Blumenthal (@SenBlumenthal) April 25, 2017 “I am curious,” tweeted Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR). “Why are taxpayer dollars promoting the President’s private country club?” The State Department was silent about the post, but after it began to ricochet around social media – and in the political arena – the story was removed from the “Share America” platform, which can be used by diplomatic posts around the world to highlight American items of interest. “The intention of the article was to inform the public about where the President has been hosting world leaders,” a statement read on the Share America website, which is run by the State Department. “We regret any misperception and have removed the post.” “One Trump emolument down. Soon to follow: many more,” said Trump critic and ethics expert Norm Eisen. Yes, I am curious @StateDept. Why are taxpayer $$ promoting the President's private country club? pic.twitter.com/IlPhUlvMwa — Ron Wyden (@RonWyden) April 24, 2017
  •   It’s the beginning of snake season in Texas and authorities are warning people to watch out for the reptiles as they emerge from hibernation. >> Read more trending news The Laguna Vista Police Department posted the warning on its Facebook page after a close call between a giant rattler and a group of hikers on a local trail.  Police posted photos of the massive snake and another photo showing a fearless cat staring down a big rattler. Rattlesnakes emerge from hibernation in Texas in March or April, according to the police post. They favor temperatures that remain 60 degrees Fahrenheit or above, and are most active when temperatures reach 80 to 90 degrees.
  • The people who run Orlando International Airport are tired of apologizing for problems with the Automated People Movers, now calling out the manufacturer to rescue their reputation. Three times in the last five days, the new tram stopped working, forcing hundreds of passengers to take a bus or walk to their gates. Some flights had to be delayed, but yesterday 56 passengers missed flights, according to Executive Director Phil Brown.  The tram was down for 53 minutes on Monday, but no passengers missed their flights, he said. He told reporters today that the airport operations has verbally contacted Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America, to make this a priority. “This afternoon we sent them a letter notifying them... We expect them to salvage their reputation,” said Brown. He also said he wants Mitsubishi to repay those passengers affected and a third party will be employed to receive those claims. Details to come. Monday’s shutdown was due to human error, he said, involving a contractor for Mitsubishi.