Maitland, Fla. - Today, Governor Rick Scott announced that he will propose more than $1.7 billion to protect Florida’s environment as part of his 2018-2019 recommended budget. This $1.7 billion funding for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is a more than $220 million increase over the current year.
The proposed funding will include:
- A historic investment of $55 million for Florida’s springs;
- A historic investment of $100 million for Florida’s beaches;
- A record $355 million for Everglades restoration;
- A record $50 million for Florida’s state parks; and
- $50 million for Florida Forever to help preserve and protect our natural lands