ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

clear-day Created with Sketch.
86°
Clear
H 86° L 64°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    86°
    Current Conditions
    Clear. H 86° L 64°
  • clear-night
    65°
    Morning
    Clear. H 86° L 64°
  • clear-day Created with Sketch.
    85°
    Afternoon
    Sunny. H 91° L 66°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Entertainment
Lance Bass says NSYNC is reuniting, band says comments 'out of context'
Close

Lance Bass says NSYNC is reuniting, band says comments 'out of context'

What You Need to Know About Justin Timberlake

Lance Bass says NSYNC is reuniting, band says comments 'out of context'

NSYNC might be reuniting soon, according to member Lance Bass.

Entertainment Tonight reported that Bass, who is currently competing on the reality show "My Kitchen Rules," said the band is getting together again to celebrate the  20-year anniversary of its Christmas album,  "Home for Christmas," which was released in 1998.

>> Read more trending stories

"We're doing something. I don't know if I can announce it yet," Bass said. "We're coming out with a really cool vinyl edition of our Christmas album because it's coming up on the 20 years of that ('Home for Christmas') album," he said. "And then we're going to be getting our star on the (Hollywood) Walk of Fame this year at some point."

As for Justin Timberlake, arguably the most prominent member of the group, leaving the band was about the music.

"It started as a fun snowball fight that was becoming an avalanche. And, also, I was growing out of it," he told The Hollywood Reporter in the magazine's Feb. 17 issue. "I felt like I cared more about the music than some of the other people in the group. And I felt like I had other music I wanted to make and that I needed to follow my heart."

Bass, who told "ET" that he and his former bandmates "talk daily," will also be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this year.

The timing of the ceremony, however, will depend on everyone's schedules.

"We'll all be there!" Bass said. "We just have to decide on a date. We're terrible at planning things."

Although Bass never said the band would be back together to tour or make new music, some fans got their hopes up and speculated that it was on the table.

On Friday, NSYNC quelled the assumption made by some fans that the band was reuniting for new music with a Twitter statement, saying, "We always appreciate the love and excitement from our fans unfortunately Lance’s comments to the press were taken out of context. When there is real news from *NSYNC, you will hear it from all of us."

Member Joey Fatone tweeted a similar statement. Soon after, Bass clarified his own remarks, saying, "If people want to call the Walk Of Fame Star a 'reunion' then fine, but we have no plans on making any new music or tour."

The band previously formally reunited at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards as Timberlake was honored with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • A woman has a warning for people who use the changing rooms at a Robinson Township, Pennsylvania, mall. Heather Lapinski said that while she was trying on bathing suits at Macy’s in the Mall at Robinson, she noticed a cellphone under the door. She grabbed it, but a man’s hand grabbed it back.  >> Read more trending news By the time she was able to exit the dressing room, the man was gone. “I got ahold of it and a man's hand came down and grabbed it. I couldn’t scream. I was in so much shock,” Lapinski said. “I was crying. I didn't have my top on (and) I’m not running out completely naked.” By the time she was able to exit the dressing room, the man was gone. Lapinski described the man as having a medium build and balding in the front of his head. She said she hopes that someone recognizes the man before he does it again. “I want someone to say, ‘I know him.’ He can't keep going back and keep doing this to women. I’m going to be traumatized for the rest of my life,” she said. “When I go to bed, I toss and turn thinking about his face.” Both Macy’s and the Mall at Robinson said in statements about the matter that the safety of customers is a top priority. They could not confirm whether other incidents were previously reported.
  • When a teenager in Texas borrowed a family friend's computer, he made a shocking and sickening discovery. The boy found nude photos of his 10-year-old sister on the computer of Joe Garza Jr., according to the Star-Telegram. >> Read more trending news Garza, 65, was arrested March 3 on child pornography charges, and faces additional charges after it was discovered that he allegedly molested an older sister in the family years ago. The Star-Telegram reports that the boy, who was trying to fix the hard drive on his own computer, asked to borrow Garza's computer. While using it, he clicked on a folder and discovered the images of his sister. He returned the computer to Garza and told his mother about the images. She asked the boy to request to use the computer again so she could see the images for herself. The mother confronted Garza about the images and police were called to the scene. Officer Domingo Martinez, who works for the Fort Worth Police Department’s Crimes Against Children Task Force, told the Star-Telegram that Garza admitted to the mother that he had a problem and said he would disappear if she didn't call police. In interviews with authorities, the 10-year-old victim said Garza bought her items and gave her money, and told her not to tell her parents about the abuse.  Garza remains behind bars while investigators work to determine if there are additional victims.
  • A judge says Florida's governor can remove a prosecutor from a death penalty-eligible case and has denied a request to delay the proceedings.  State Attorney Aramis Ayala today asked a judge to delay proceedings for two weeks while she prepares an argument for the Florida Supreme Court. But Circuit Judge Frederick J. Lauten denied her request Tuesday. NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS A STORY THAT ORIGINATED ON MARCH 16, 2017 Earlier today, Governor Scott called on State Attorney Ayala to recuse herself immediately from prosecuting Markeith Loyd after she refused to consider the death penalty in this case. State Attorney Ayala has refused to recuse herself and Governor Scott has removed her from the case and reassigned it to State Attorney Brad King.  Governor Scott said, “Earlier today, I called on State Attorney Ayala to immediately recuse herself from this case. She informed me this afternoon that she refuses to do that. She has made it clear that she will not fight for justice and that is why I am using my executive authority to immediately reassign the case to State Attorney Brad King.  “Let’s remember, Markeith Loyd is accused of executing a brave law enforcement hero and murdering his pregnant ex-girlfriend, Sade Dixon. Orange County Sheriff’s Deputy Norman Lewis was also killed while actively searching for Markeith Loyd following these heinous murders. I am outraged and sickened by this loss of life and many families’ lives have been forever changed because of these senseless murders. These families deserve a state attorney who will aggressively prosecute Markeith Loyd to the fullest extent of the law and justice must be served.”
  • A brushfire that broke out on Osteen Street has spread to about 20 acres and some nearby homes are being evacuated as a precaution. The Florida Fire Service and local firefighters are battling the flames in Volusia County.
  • A North Carolina county could be in major violation of HIPPA laws after mistakenly releasing hundreds of patients’ private medical records to a Charlotte TV station that was investigating a medical story. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPPA, was enacted in 1996 to ensure patient privacy rights. >> Read more trending news Mecklenburg County manager Dena Diorio revealed Tuesday afternoon that the county mistakenly released the private medical records of some 1,200 patients to the media. The county attorney confirmed patient health information was compromised.  'I'm absolutely speechless with anger at how something like this could happen,' Diorio said. Channel 9 had requested public records related to the county's failure to notify nearly 200 women about abnormal Pap smear results.  While WSOC-TV received that information Monday, the county also mistakenly included detailed medical history about hundreds of patients. The information included an Excel spreadsheets documenting the patients’ full names, addresses and dates of visits.  For some patients it also included a detailed description of why they visited and what services they received. Diorio said the information should not have been in spreadsheets in the email and the practice of putting medical information in Excel sheets will end immediately. Diorio said she believes the release is a category 2 HIPAA violation with a minimum fine of $1,000 per violation up to $50,000. A county worker collected the records Tuesday morning from WSOC.  “We do everything we can to protect the personal information for all of our patients,” Mecklenburg County Manager Dena Diorio said. “In this particular instance, the checks and balances were not completely followed and we had a lapse.' Diorio said an IT staffer mistakenly included the information in the public records request. She also said no one checked the file before it was released. >> Got a question about the news? See our explainers here “This was a person who works in our IT security area so it’s not as if everybody has access to this information,” she said. It’s unclear if the hundreds of patients will be notified about the information leak. Diorio is planning to discuss the next steps with the county attorney on Tuesday.   >> Click here to read the full story.