ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

clear-day
78°
Partly Cloudy
H 76° L 60°
  • clear-day
    78°
    Current Conditions
    Partly Cloudy. H 76° L 60°
  • cloudy-day
    61°
    Morning
    Partly Cloudy. H 76° L 60°
  • cloudy-day
    79°
    Afternoon
    Partly Cloudy. H 82° L 65°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Celebrity News
Louis C.K. loses agent, management, ties to FX following sexual misconduct admission
Close

Louis C.K. loses agent, management, ties to FX following sexual misconduct admission

Louis C.K. loses agent, management, ties to FX following sexual misconduct admission
Photo Credit: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images/Getty Images
Co-creator/Executive Producer/Writer Louis C.K. of 'Better Things' speaks onstage during the FX portion of the 2017 Summer TCA Tour. FX has ended its relationship since the comedian admitted to sexual misconduct with multiple women.

Louis C.K. loses agent, management, ties to FX following sexual misconduct admission

Hours after admitting to sexual misconduct with multiple women, Louis C.K. is officially out at FX Networks.

>> Read more trending news

Deadline reported that the network and FX Productions issued a statement on the matter.

“Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we were producing with him – ‘Better Things,’ ‘Baskets,’ ‘One Mississippi’ and ‘The Cops.’

“Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions has been professional. However, now is not the time for him to make television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a process which he began today with his public statement.

“FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe, respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these productions to ensure that was and is the case.”

In a Thursday story from The New York Times, five women said they had interactions with the 50-year-old actor in which he exposed himself to them.

Related: Five women accuse Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct

FX and FX Productions have worked with Louis C.K. on “Baskets,” “Louie,” “Better Things,” “One Mississippi” and the upcoming series“The Cops,” according to The A.V. Club.

Close

Louis C.K. loses agent, management, ties to FX following sexual misconduct admission

The statement comes after FX said it had not gotten any allegations about sexual misconduct by Louis C.K. related to any of its projects with the actor. It also said it was reviewing the matter.

Netflix had already cut ties with Louis C.K. earlier Friday, before the actor’s admission.

Related: ‘These stories are true:’ Louis C.K. responds to women’s sexual misconduct claims

After saying the allegations made by five women in The Times were true, Louis C.K. also apologized to members of the cast and crew on productions he’s been a part of.

“I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with whose professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this,” he said.

The dismissal from FX is just the latest fallout for the actor. His publicist, Lewis Kay, said on Twitter that he no longer represents Louis C.K. and his management company, 3 Arts Management, has also let him go.

“We have terminated our relationship with Louis C.K.,” 3 Arts Management said in a statement, according to Variety. “We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff, clients and the community at large. We are doing a full internal review regarding this situation and are taking additional steps to strengthen our processes and procedures while engaging with our staff to address any concerns about harassment or abuse of power. This behavior is totally unacceptable in all circumstances and must be confronted and addressed.”

Read More
VIEW COMMENTS

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • The National Women's March continued over the weekend, and people started showing up at Lake Eola in downtown Orlando as early as 8 a.m. on Sunday to join the cause.   Some of those in attendance include people from the Time's Up and Me Too Movements. Demonstrators held up signs about women's rights and say they're fed up with sexual harassment and assault. They also are calling for racial equality and environmental reform.      Hundreds of women and women also attended a Women's March in Melbourne Saturday afternoon. Demonstrators of all ages marched along the Eau Gallie Causeway, across the Indian River Lagoon.    Many carried signs with quotes of empowerment, along with some obscenities.    This is the second year for the march, which also lands on the one year mark that President Trump has been in office.
  • At least 48 people have been displaced after a fire occurred at the Windsor Cove apartments Saturday morning.   Firefighters say the fire broke out at 1470 Mercy Drive around 10am. Investigators say it started on accident when a child was using a space heater to light a paper on fire. 30 of the 48 displaced residents were children. One of those children were treated for smoke inhilation, but no one was injured.      The American Red Cross was notified and deployed an emergency response vehicle and supplied 11 families with personal hygiene kits, support to replace medication and money to find a hotel to stay in temporarily.    The Fire Department says all 12 units in the building were evacuated because the power was turned off due to fire damage to the electrical system.    Some residents will be able to return home once the system is fixed, but for others, it may take longer.
  • Two people were shot, leaving one dead and another in the hospital in Southwest Orlando on Saturday night.    At 8:47 p.m., deputies responded to the 1000 block of 23rd Street in reference to a report of gunshots. Upon arrival, deputies located two victims, a white female and a black male, who were suffering from gunshot wounds.    Both victims were transported by Orange County Fire Rescue to ORMC, but the female, identified as 51 year old Kelly Lee Foley, died from her injuries. Detectives are seeking information on a vehicle that looks like this. It is reference to an older model red or maroon Dodge Ram van with a camper top and possible damage to the right tail light area. The suspect is described as a black or Hispanice male, bald with light complexion, between the ages of 45 to 50, and is 5’9’’ weighing 180 pounds with black plastic framed glasses. If you have any information about this case, you are asked to contact Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS(8477). There is a reward up to 5,000 dollars.
  • A new ad released by President Donald Trump's campaign is claiming that Democrats are “complicit” in killings by undocumented immigrants. The ad was released after Senate Democrats opposed a short-term spending bill to keep the government from shutting down. >> Click here to watch “President Trump is right — build the wall, deport criminals, stop illegal immigration now,” the ad said, showing clips of top Democrats. “Democrats who stand in our way will be complicit in every murder committed by illegal immigrants.” >> Trump cancels Florida trip as government shutdown looms “President Trump will fix our border and keep our families safe,” the ad concluded. The ad was released on the one-year anniversary of Trump’s inauguration. >> Government shutdown: What closes; will you get your Social Security check; what happens to SNAP, WIC On Friday, Senate Democrats opposed a short-term spending bill to fund the government and keep it from shutting down after Republicans refused to include a provision to protect thousands of immigrants brought here as children. >> Read more trending news  President Trump bashed Democrats after the failed vote, saying that they wanted “unchecked illegal immigration.” “Democrats are holding our Military hostage over their desire to have unchecked illegal immigration. Can’t let that happen!” he tweeted Saturday morning. Earlier on Saturday, he again bashed Democrats, tweeting that they were more “concerned with Illegal Immigrants than they are with our great Military or Safety at our dangerous Southern Border.” (H/t: The Hill)
  • David and Louise Turpin are facing a string of charges, including torture, after police say the couple kept their 13 children locked away in subhuman conditions in their Perris, California, home. On Thursday, the Turpins made their first court appearance. >> Watch the video here >> On Rare.us: Here’s what the children in the California torture house did to cope with the alleged abuse David Turpin appeared in chains, wearing a lavender shirt and black jacket while his wife sat nearby, also in chains and a black jacket. The Turpins entered not guilty pleas to all of the charges, some of which date back to 2010. The district attorney says the couple is facing 94 years to life in prison if convicted on all counts. >> Dogs found in perfect condition in home where 13 siblings held captive During the arraignment, the Turpins were quiet and spoke only to say they acknowledged their right to a speedy preliminary hearing, CBS reports. They will appear in court again on Feb. 23, and their bail was set at $13 million. District Attorney Mike Hestrin said in a press conference, “As a prosecutor, there are cases that stick with you, that will haunt you. Sometimes, in this business, we’re faced with looking at human depravity, and that’s what we’re looking at here.” Authorities said the parents were able to keep their children hidden away by listing their home as a private school. Some of the kids, who ranged in ages from 2 to 29, reportedly didn’t know what a police officer was. The children were only allowed to eat once a day and shower twice a year, authorities said. However, the parents reportedly did allow them to keep journals, and authorities said the kids filled hundreds of notebooks. Those have not been released and are still being reviewed by law enforcement. The children are currently being cared for in the hospital, authorities said. The Riverside University Health System has set up a fund for the children that will go to their long-term needs, according to a press release. The hospital said the children have already seen a tremendous outpouring of support. >> Read more trending news  Brian Rokos of the Press-Enterprise was present at the hearing and reported that David Turpin is being represented by a public defender, while Louise Turpin has outside counsel. During Thursday’s arraignment, the public defender requested that media be banned from the trial, but the judge shot that down. Rokos said reporters from around the world were in the courtroom. The Turpins' lawyers have not announced whether they will try to have the case moved out of Riverside County.