ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

clear-day
53°
Clear
H 52° L 37°
  • clear-day
    53°
    Current Conditions
    Clear. H 52° L 37°
  • clear-night
    38°
    Morning
    Clear. H 52° L 37°
  • clear-day
    61°
    Afternoon
    Sunny. H 66° L 46°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

Television

    Katie Couric shared her opinions about Matt Lauer's firing from the 'Today' show in an exclusive People interview published Saturday. Couric's opinion on the controversy was sought last month immediately after the bombshell sexual harassment and assault allegations against Lauer were made public, but at the time, Couric said that while the news was 'incredibly upsetting,' she wasn't ready to talk about it. >> Read more trending news  Couric, 61, and Lauer hosted the 'Today' show together for 15 years.  Couric told People that the allegations have been painful for her to learn, and that she had no idea such activity was going on during her 'Today' tenure. Couric said that she and Lauer had a 'brother-sister' relationship and that he treated her with respect. She also addressed a 2012 clip of her on Andy Cohen's late-night show when she said Lauer pinched her on the buttocks a lot. Couric told People the comment was a joke. Couric called the allegations made against her former co-host 'disturbing, distressing and disorienting” and said such behavior is “completely unacceptable.” 
  • In collaboration with HBO Nordic, a Finnish hotel chain has built the ultimate experience for fans of “Game of Thrones,” made entirely from ice and snow. >> Read more trending news Lapland Hotels’ SnowVillage, set about 125 miles above the Arctic Circle, opened last month with an ice restaurant, an ice bar, an ice chapel and a “Game of Thrones”-themed ice hotel. The hotel features a life-sized, ice Iron Throne guarded by an ice Gregor Clegane, a Braavosi Hall of Faces carved from snow and a dragon-shaped ice slide. Adventurous travelers can even sleep under the watchful, glowing eyes of a white walker made of snow. >> Photos: See the real life filming locations of ‘Game of Thrones’ >> Related: ‘Game of Thrones’ costumes came from ... IKEA?
  • The Duggars are shaping up to have enough family members to fill a football team -- and there’s another one on the way. Jinger Vuolo (née Duggar) is expecting a child with her husband, former professional soccer player Jeremy Vuolo, the couple announced Wednesday. >> Read more trending news “The past 14 months have been the best of our lives as we have had the wonderful privilege of beginning our journey through life together in marriage,” the Vuolos told Us Weekly. “We both looked forward to the joys of marriage but neither one of us fully understood just how amazing the start of this journey would be. Truly, the Lord’s mercies are new every morning! Now, the journey has taken an exciting turn: We are expecting our first child!” They also shared a Bible verse (Psalm 139:13-14) to commemorate the occasion: 13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Jinger Vuolo, 24, and Jeremy Vuolo, 30, tied the knot in November 2016. The couple has been looking forward to having children for some time, and whether or not Jinger Vuolo was pregnant was a frequent topic on their show, “Counting On.” “I love kids,” Jeremy Vuolo told Us Weekly in 2016. “I really share Jinger’s love for children.” The couple’s child won’t be the only Duggar baby ushered in this year. Joy-Anna Duggar and her husband, Austin Forsyth, are also expecting their first child later this year. The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.
  • Nearly two decades after its series finale aired, talks are on for a possible revival of NBC’s hit show “Mad About You,” according to multiple reports. >> Read more trending news “Mad About You” followed the lives of newlyweds Paul Buchman, played by Paul Reiser, and Jamie Stemple Buchman, played by Helen Hunt, as they built a life together in New York City. Its seven seasons aired on NBC from 1992 to 1999 and earned a Golden Globe Award and a Peabody Award, among other accolades. Producers with Sony Pictures Television Studios have started informal talks with Reiser and Hunt about reviving the series for a limited run, television news site TV Line reported Tuesday, citing unidentified sources. The site reported that Reiser, who co-created the show with Danny Jacobson, has spearheaded the effort to bring the show back. Sources confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Sony TV producers were eyeing a potential reboot of the series with Reiser and Hunt reprising their roles, although NBC was not expected to be involved in the revival. The series reboot would be set in the present day and follow the Buchmans as they deal with life after their daughter, Mabel, is accepted to college, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Reiser hinted at the possibility of another season of “Mad About You” in October, while promoting the second season of Netflix’s “Stranger Things.” He plays a doctor in the series. “If we can find the story to tell, and anybody’s interested, I’d be open to it,” Reiser said, according to People. “For years, I would’ve said, ‘Absolutely no. We never would do it,’ because I was very proud of how we ended it really well.” The series ended with a flash forward episode set 22 years in the future, an episode that will likely be set aside if “Mad About You” gets an eighth season. “Our thinking at the time was, ‘Let’s make sure we never get tempted to come back. Let’s tell them what happens,’” Reiser told People. “Now, because everybody’s talking about it, I started to think, ‘Maybe if there’s a story we could come up with. … To me, it’s interesting when I see my kids are growing and leaving the house. It’s like, ‘Oh.’ It’s like that moment when you get married. It’s like we’re in a new world that we don’t know the rules of.”
  • Fans eagerly awaiting the return of the TV show 'Roseanne' now can mark their calendars.The premiere episode will air March 27 at 8 p.m., Deadline reported. The premiere will be an hour long, while the other eight episodes of the season will be a half-hour long, Deadline noted. >> Read more trending news  Comedian Roseanne Barr turned her show about the blue-collar Conner family into a hit in the 1990s. Talks of a reboot have been in the works for years. Production for the nine-episode installment wrapped this month. Most of the main cast members from the original series are returning for the revival, including John Goodman as Dan Conner, Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris, Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner-Healy, Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner and Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner. Guest stars returning for the revival include Johnny Galecki as David Healy, Estelle Parsons as Beverly Harris and Sandra Bernhard as Nancy Bartlett. 
  • CBS is working on a reboot of its classic show “Magnum P.I.,” according to reports. >> Read more trending news The first eight seasons of the original series aired on CBS in the 1980s. The show starred Tom Selleck. The series reboot “follows Thomas Magnum (Selleck’s former role), a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. With help from fellow vets Theodore ‘TC’ Calvin and Orville ‘Rick’ Wright, as well as that of disavowed former MI:6 agent Juliet Higgins, Magnum takes on the cases no one else will, helping those who have no one else to turn to,” Variety magazine reported. The reboot has already been given a “pilot-production commitment” from the network, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It’s unclear whether Selleck will return for the reboot, but as he is currently under contract with CBS for the hit show “Blue Bloods,” it’s plausible that he could appear on the new “Magnum P.I.” The reboot comes after a recent attempt to revive the series flopped. Last year, ABC attempted to develop a sequel series, titled “Magnum,” which would have followed Magnum’s daughter who returns to Hawaii to take over her father’s P.I. firm. However, the show did not move beyond the development stage. The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.
  • Atlanta food guru Alton Brown is bringing a revamped version of his “Good Eats” show back to the Food Network in 2018. >> Read more trending news “We’re restarting it. We’re bringing it back,” Brown told a cheering, standing-room-only Dragon Con audience in downtown Atlanta on Sunday. “We’re getting the band back together!” He dubbed it “Return of the Eats.” The show will air for 30 minutes, like the original. Additional scenes will be available online. The first generation “Good Eats” aired for 14 seasons, over 244 episodes, on the Food Network from 1999 to 2011. It was one of the few shows shot out of Atlanta in its early days, long before tax incentives came into play. His quirky, nerd-like obsession with food and his scientific approach toward everything from eggs to beef created a devoted following. Brown has been a staple on the Food Network for years on shows such as “Iron Chef America” and “Cutthroat Kitchen.” Lucky Yates, a regular character on the original “Good Eats,” said that he’s “absolutely thrilled to don the ol’ Dungeon Master’s robe again.”
  • Update: Citing sources familiar with the HBO hack, The Verge reported that a leaked copy of episode four of the seventh season of “Game of Thrones” came from one of the network’s distribution partners and not from hackers who targeted the company last month. “We take this breach very seriously and have immediately initiated forensic investigations at our and the technology partner’s end to swiftly determine the cause,” a spokesperson for Star India told The Verge. “This is a grave issue and we are taking appropriate legal remedial action.” Original report: A few days before the fourth episode of the seventh season of “Game of Thrones” was set to premiere, a copy of the episode marked for internal distribution appeared online, according to multiple reports. >> Read more trending news The episode was leaked just days after HBO confirmed that it was the target of a cyberattack. The network confirmed Monday that “proprietary information” was stolen, although officials did not specify what had been taken. >> Related: 'Game of Thrones' script appears online after hackers target HBO: reports The episode, 'The Spoils of War,' appeared on Reddit.com’s popular and unmoderated r/freefolk subreddit, Mashable reported. According to Gizmodo, the video appeared to be of a relatively low quality and was watermarked with Star TV India, a 21st Century Fox company. Unaired episodes of “Ballers” and “Room 104” and what appeared to be a script for “The Spoils of War” appeared online earlier this week after the reported hack, according to The Telegraph. Hackers were able to steal 1.5 terabytes of data in the attack, Entertainment Weekly reported. “We immediately began investigating the incident and are working with law enforcement and outside cybersecurity firms,” HBO officials said in a statement. “Data protection is a top priority at HBO, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect the data we hold.”
  • Hackers have targeted HBO in a major cyberattack, stealing unaired episodes from a variety of shows and leaking at least one alleged script from the popular fantasy show “Game of Thrones,” according to multiple reports. >> Read more trending news In a statement released Monday, network officials confirmed that “proprietary information” was compromised in a cyberattack. “We immediately began investigating the incident and are working with law enforcement and outside cybersecurity firms,” the statement said. “Data protection is a top priority at HBO, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect the data we hold.” Entertainment Weekly reported that several unaired episodes of HBO shows were put online, as well as what appeared to be at least one script or treatment from the popular “Game of Thrones” series. The script is purported to be for episode four of the current season of the show, which is scheduled to air Aug. 6, The Telegraph reported. Unreleased episodes of “Ballers” and “Room 104” also appeared online, according to the newspaper. Hackers claimed to have stolen 1.5 terabytes of data from HBO, EW reported. It was not immediately clear who was behind the attack. It’s not the first time HBO has dealt with unauthorized copies of its shows’ episodes appearing on the internet. In 2015, several unaired episodes of “Game of Thrones” appeared online ahead of the premiere of the fantasy show’s fifth season. The leak happened after HBO mailed DVD copies of the episodes to members of the media for review, according to Forbes. The news site reported that HBO stopped using sent DVDs and switched to a secure streaming site to prevent similar leaks. “Game of Thrones” has been the most popular show to pirate since 2012, according to TorrentFreak.com. HBO is not the first entertainment company to fall victim to cyberattacks. Sony Pictures was hacked in 2014 by a group who was believed to be backed by North Korea. The group released a slew of emails and unreleased films. Larson Studios, a small postproduction services company, was hacked in late 2016. The breach resulted in several episodes of the popular Netflix show “Orange is the New Black” appearing on torrent sites for download before their official release, The New York Times reported.
  • It’s official: Ryan Seacrest will return to “American Idol” to serve as host for ABC’s reboot of the singing competition. >> Read more trending news Kelly Ripa made the announcement on Thursday morning’s episode of “Live with Kelly and Ryan.” “We’ve been talking about it for a little while but I am happy to confirm … with absolute confirmation that Ryan Seacrest is returning (as) the host of ‘American Idol,’” Ripa said. “(I’m) very, very excited,” Seacrest said. “First of all, I don't know if you've ever been in a 15-year relationship and then, for a reason that you really don't know, you break up … I thought, 'Gosh, it'd be great to get back together at some point.’' The announcement followed three months of negotiations, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Seacrest will join pop star Katy Perry, who was confirmed in May as a judge for the series, on the reboot. ABC announced in May that it planned to bring back “American Idol” for the 2017-2018 season. The show aired 15 seasons on Fox before the network announced in 2015 that 15th season would be its last. >> Related: 'American Idol' set to return to television “‘American Idol’ is a pop-culture staple that left the air too soon,” Channing Dungey, president of ABC Entertainment, said in a news release. The show launched the careers of artists including Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood and Adam Lambert. Contestants on the show have sold more than 60 million albums and made more than 450 Billboard No. 1 hits, according to ABC.